For my 4-axis skill builder I did a prototype version of my final project.
I started with a foam yoga block from REI, but managed to destroy it VERY quickly. Unfortunately, I zeroed the Z axis out incorrectly--I tried to manually make it touch the grounding pole because I was clicking the wrong button in Roland's software.
I went into panic mode after I buried the bit an inch into the material and ripped a huge chunk out of it, and completely forgot to take photos of it. Fortunately, I managed to not break a bit (soft material + sharp bit = still alive) or damage the machine.
I went back the following week with a cork yoga block and was able to run the job correctly.
The majority was cut with a 1/4" upcut bit, the small holes were done with a 1/16" bit.
Compared to my wood cut done for my final project: